I know they are ready to share it with you. Check out this song from the upcoming album, “Keep an Open Gallery,” and then make a donation so it can get printed and in our hands already!
“Hey there friends of Common Rotation!
It’s been a few months since we started our fundraising campaign for our two new albums and we couldn’t be more thrilled with our progress. We are happy to report that we’ve raised a little over $5000. All of us here would like to express our gratitude to those that have donated so far. Your generosity won’t be forgotten. Every step further along in the production of our records we’re reminded of how we couldn’t do this without you.
As we stand now the first of the two albums has been recorded. With the help of our good friends Brian Speiser and Julie Wolf we are proud to say we managed to track 13 songs in seven days. This means we have all of the vocals, guitars, banjos, bass, assorted stringed things, metal things you blow into, things with piano keys, and other things you bang on recorded for these songs.
Now comes the intensely boring and irritatingly long process of mixing and mastering. Not only is it time consuming, but it’s also quite expensive. This is why it’s essential we keep the contributions coming. There’s a lot more to be done before we get to picking out artwork and deciding whether or not we should press on clear vinyl…y’all have turntables right?
Though there’s a lot more funds to be raised to reach our goal of releasing two separate albums in the same year, we are on our way and it’s all because of supportive fans like you. By donating it not only helps us get our new music to you faster but it reminds us that Common Rotation has a place in your daily playlist. We do, right?”
Don’t forget there are perks to donating. A donation in the amounts listed gets you … :
- $25 An autographed first-run copy of one of the new albums (your choice)
- $50 An autographed first-run copy of one of the new albums PLUS a disc of rarities (an assorted mix of Union Maids, unreleased demos, and live recordings)
- $75 Autographed first-run copies of both new albums plus the disc of rarities
- $100 Same as above PLUS a special limited edition signed poster
- $150 and higher Your name in the thank you’s of the both albums’ liner notes, plus autographed advanced copies of both records
- $200 Signed page of original lyrics (your choice of song) PLUS autographed copies of both albums and signed limited edition poster
- $250 Phone serenade (the band will perform a song of your choice over the phone)
- $350 Private Skype Q&A with the band
- $500 Band member of your choice will record your answering machine or voicemail message
- $750 Common Rotation will record your favorite cover song and send it to you with autographed copies of both new records
- $1000 Common Rotation will write you a song about anything you’d like, record it and send it to you with autographed copies of both new records
- $1500 Personal Skype performance (you pick the set list)
- $1750 Join the band onstage to perform your favorite Common Rotation song
- $2000 House concert for you and your friends in your home (This will need to be booked 2-3 months in advance and if your home is 300 miles or more outside of Los Angeles we will need to negotiate travel costs)
- $2500 “This record brought to you by [your name here]” (featured thank you in liner notes), PLUS any item above (except house concert)
- $5000 We’re your new best friends. That puts you on the guest list with backstage passes for life. (PLUS any item above)